who unintentionally pushed me to greatness
We are officially halfway through 2018, that’s crazy! How are you resolutions coming along? Anything fun happening in your life right now? I’ve been checking in with myself and lately I’ve become a little obsessed with quotes from artists who inspire me.
The quotes that I’m about to share with you are some of the few that I have really come to love. Some have helped me get through some rough times, some have helped me through creative blocks and others are just really nice to read.
- “To be an artist is to believe in life.” Henry Moore
- “To create one’s own world takes courage.” Georgia O’Keeffe
- “Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” Georgia O’Keeffe
- “The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web.” Pablo Picasso
- “Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.” Salvador Dali
- “Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.” Claude Monet
- “I don't say everything, but I paint everything.” Pablo Picasso
- “The holy grail is to spend less time making the picture than it takes people to look at it.” Banksy
- “Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.” Pablo Picasso
- “Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.” Pablo Picasso
- “It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.” Pablo Picasso
- “Love always brings difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy.” Vincent Van Gogh
- “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” Pablo Picasso
- “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.” Andy Warhol
- “Do not fear mistakes - there are none.” Miles David
(Of course I through in some from Pablo Picasso ;) )
I don't like to explain others quotes. They aren't mine to explain. The words will effect people differently than they effected me. I would love to know what quotes you liked or maybe you didn't like one. I would love to know!